PISCATAWAY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The MIPI® Alliance, an international organization that develops interface specifications for mobile and mobile-influenced industries, today released MIPI CSI-2SM v2.0, a next-generation advancement of its widely used MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2) specification.
#MIPI CSI-2 v2.0 targets complex imaging and vision needs for mobile, #IoT, wearables, #automotive, drones and more
The new release will allow designers to target complex imaging and vision needs for mobile, the Internet of Things (IoT), wearables, medical, augmented and virtual reality, drones and automotive systems.
Key MIPI CSI-2 v2.0 enhancements:
- RAW-16 and RAW-20 color depth that vastly improves intra-scene High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) to bring “advanced vision” capabilities to autonomous vehicles and systems
- Expanded virtual channels from 4 to 32 to accommodate the proliferation of image sensors with multiple data types and support multi-exposure and multi-range sensor fusion for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) applications such as enhanced collision avoidance
- Latency Reduction and Transport Efficiency (LRTE) provides increased image sensor aggregation without adding to system cost; facilitates real-time perception, processing and decision-making; and optimizes transport to reduce the number of wires, toggle rate and power consumption
- Differential Pulse Code Modulation (DPCM) 12-10-12 compression, which reduces bandwidth while delivering superior SNR images devoid of compression artifacts for mission-critical vision applications
- Scrambling to reduce Power Spectral Density (PSD) emissions, minimize radio interference and allow further reach for longer channels
Attend MIPI DevCon 2017 in Hsinchu City, Taiwan, and Bangalore, India
Learn about MIPI CSI-2 v2.0 and other MIPI specifications, use cases and more at MIPI DevCon 2017. More information may be found here: http://bit.ly/2nGvBaL.
Join the MIPI CSI-2 v2.0 Webinar
Developers are invited to attend a MIPI CSI-2 v2.0 webinar on 11 April 2017 at 11 a.m. EDT. For information and registration, go to: http://bit.ly/2ozk7JB.
To discover more about MIPI Alliance and to connect with its social networks, follow its Twitter page and join its LinkedIn group. To join MIPI Alliance, use the Join MIPI link on the organization’s site.
MIPI® is a registered trademark owned by MIPI Alliance. MIPI CSI-2SM, MIPI C-PHYSM and MIPI D-PHYSM are service marks of MIPI Alliance.
Interprose for MIPI Alliance
Lisa McCausland, +1 303-888-2137