Sleeping Room Reservations
MIPI Alliance has negotiated a special room block rate with the Swissotel Nankai Osaka, 2, 5-1-60 Namba Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0076, Japan (Phone +81 6 6646 1111). The rate per night is JPY 28,000 net single or JPY 33,000 net double. This rate is inclusive of in-room internet, breakfast, 10% service charge, 8% consumption and accommodation tax. Additional breakfast charges are JPY 2,800 net per person (including service and consumption tax).
Quoted sleeping room rates will be offered until 28 September 2020. Based on availability, the room rate applies three calendar days before and after the event date, or until the group block is sold out, whichever comes first.
Booking at the Swissotel Nankai Osaka
Guarantee and Cancellation Policy
A valid credit card number and expiration date are required in order to guarantee this booking.
Adjustments and cancellations must be advised to the hotel between 20 days and 48 hours prior to scheduled arrival date otherwise a two-night room charge will be applied as a penalty. If the cancellation notice is received within 48 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date or in case of a no-show, full-stay room charges will be applied as a penalty.
The hotel also stands right above Nankai Namba Station, serving various modes of transportation such as subways, Kintetsu Line, Hanshin Namba Line. The location of the hotel provides convenient access to popular sightseeing locations, such as Kyoto, Nara and Kobe, all within 60-90 minutes away. The hotel is also surrounded by tourist attractions, such as Dotonbori, Shinsaibashi, DenDen Town. Osaka Castle, Universal Studios Japan® and Osaka Aquarium are within 20 minutes. You can also refer to the Swissotel Nankai Osaka Transportation Guide (English).
- Transportation Guide (English)
- Transportation Guide (Japanese)
- Transportation Guide (Chinese)
- Transportation Guide (Korean)
Distances to the Swissotel Nankai Osaka
- Kansai International Airport (KIX) – 46 kilometers; 50 minutes by car (without traffic); accessible via taxi, Nankai Line (35 minute direct train to hotel to Namba), Shinkansen
- Itami International Airport (ITM) – 19 kilometers; 20-40 minutes by car (depending on traffic); accessible via taxi, airport limousine bus, train / monorail
- Kobe International Airport (UKB) – 43 kilometers; 50-60 minutes by car (depending on traffic); taxi, bus, Port Liner
- From Kansai International Airport (KIX), JPY 17,000+, approx. 50 minutes by car. More information.
- From Itami International Airport (ITM), JPY 10,000+, approx. 20-40 minutes by car. More information.
- From Kobe International Airport (UKB), JPY 13,000+, approx. 50-60 minutes by car. More information.
There are various ways to travel to the Swissotel Nankai Osaka. If flying to Kansai International Airport (KIX), the easiest solution is to catch the Nankai Line (Airport Express, JPY 1,340) directly from the airport (approx. 35 minute express train to Swissotel to Namba Station). Namba Station is directly underneath the Swissotel and then a 1-minute walk when disembarking the train (look for clearly marked Swissotel signs).
The Swissotel Nankai Osaka does not offer sponsor letters and letters of support for visa applications; however, your sleeping room reservation will suffice.
MIPI Alliance does not offer official invitation letters. We can however provide a support letter for visa applications, please contact Dervla Froemming for more information.
You can refer to these visa and passport service organizations for more detailed information:
HotelsSwissôtel Nankai Osaka 5-1-60 Namba Chuo-KU, Osaka 542-0076, Japan