MIPI Alliance encourages member companies to upgrade their status from Adopter to Contributor so that they may actively participate in the development of MIPI specifications. Please review the criteria and application procedures for upgrading your membership to the Contributor level. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Contributors should ideally:
- Be a leader in their field
- Agree with the principle of open standards
- Have technical expertise in specific areas of MIPI specifications
- Be willing to provide technical resources to develop the MIPI specifications
Please note that Contributors have a preferential obligation to support MIPI.
To apply for Contributor status, your company must submit a presentation that describes how MIPI Alliance would benefit from your Contributor participation. This presentation should be five slides or fewer, and should include a brief company introduction and answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to upgrade to MIPI Contributor status?
- In which working groups will your company participate?
- What is the anticipated level of resources your company will provide for participation in MIPI working groups?
- What technical expertise does your company have to contribute to MIPI specifications?
Your presentation should be sent to the MIPI Alliance membership team in a PDF (preferred) or PowerPoint format. Upon submission, MIPI Alliance will generate an invoice for your upgrade fees, taking into account any applicable proration or reduced dues levels. The MIPI Board of Directors will then evaluate the presentation against the criteria. Once approved, your company's permissions will be upgraded in the member website after receipt of payment.
More information about membership dues and rate details can be found on the Join MIPI page.