There are no immediate plans to revise I3C v1.1, however the MIPI I3C WG meets regularly and is considering proposals.
No, there are no pending errata at this time.
There are no new approved features, however the MIPI I3C WG is considering the following:
- Automotive‑focused capabilities
- Security over I3C
- Improved reliability
- Speed increases
- New Multi-Lane uses
- Long Reach
- New HDR Modes
- Refining existing features
No, there are no pending updates at this time.
Note: With the release of I3C v1.1, this question has been deprecated, but it is left here for reference. For example, see question below for what’s new in I3C v1.1.
Based on learning from the early implementations, I3C Interoperability Workshops, queries from adopters, and reviews by the I3C WG, this FAQ represents clarifications, planned improvements that can be implemented by I3C v1.0 Devices, and other hints about what’s coming next.
Many other MIPI Alliance Working Groups are in the process of leveraging the I3C Specification. As of the writing of this FAQ, the list includes:
- Camera WG: Camera Control Interface (CCI) chapter of the MIPI Specification for Camera Serial Interface 2 (CSI-2), v4.0 [MIPI06] (In development)
- Debug WG: MIPI Specification for Debug for I3C, v1.0 [MIPI07] (In development)
- RIO WG (Reduced I/O): MIPI Specification for Virtual GPIO Interface (VGISM), v1.0 [MIPI08], reducing number of GPIOs used via I3C (In development)